Saturday, June 9, 2012

Update Through Pictures


I realize that I haven't posted in FOREVER, well since March, which is basically forever in the world of blog posting. Anyways, I am really going to try to get back to posting more regularly. For now, I will give you an update through pictures of what I have been up to lately. I feel like it has just been weddings, weddings, weddings (which is good, since that's what I do), but looking back through pictures, I realized that I have snuck a few other projects in as well. I have many wedding and interior design jobs to share with you but they have quite a few pictures and each deserve their own post, so those will be coming soon. 
I made this wreath just before Easter. Being a southern girl, I love the natural appeal of cotton so I added it to a grapevine wreath and tied it off with a burlap bow. 
In the midst of planning weddings, I also planned a sock monkey themed first birthday party. These were the custom party hats that I designed. I have many more pictures from the photographer to share later.
One of my clients had an unfinished toy chest that I repurposed into an elegant, mirrored piece for her dining room. It's amazing what you can do with some metallic spray paint and mirrors.
For a client's bedroom, I made a drop cloth covered headboard with nailhead trim. I also designed the bedroom and painted several furniture pieces.
A client's dining room got a make-over, keeping the antique furniture and adding modern elements including a leopard print rug, abstract painting, and mercury glass.
In March, the boyfriend and I flew out to Dallas (which I completely fell in love with) to search for an apartment for him. After two days of hunting, he decided on this building which is in the trendy Uptown area. It has a basketball court on the third floor, an incredible fitness room, and is within walking distance of about 60 restaurants, not to mention all the little shops. 
In May, I was able to fit in a family beach trip to Destin, FL. It was a super relaxing week spending quality time with all my favorite people.
The boyfriend despises taking pictures but since his mom insisted and he knew I was wanting to play with my camera, he cooperated for a few graduation shots around Auburn University. This was one of my favorites, because apparently this is his "smart" look, which is appropriate since he graduated Magna Cum Laude with a degree in Industrial and Systems Engineering.
My best friend is 6 months pregnant! I can't believe how time flies. With only three months left until her little girl arrives, I am designing her nursery with custom bedding and furniture. I am so excited to see it all finished and put together.

So that pretty much sums up my life as of lately. More to come as soon as possible!




2 comments:

  1. LOVE the cotton wreath. I have missed hearing from you, but congrats on being so busy! The sock monkey theme is too cute for a first birthday.

    Happy for the update!

    xo,
    Ricki Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you always keep so tanned? I've been wondering this for a while.


    -Zane of ontario honey

    ReplyDelete