Friday, January 28, 2011

Ballard Designs Rope Knot Doorstop

I'm not a big fan of little decorative items setting out. I tend to go for a few larger unique pieces. But while I was browsing the Ballard Designs site, this rope knot doorstop happened to grab my attention.
Then I saw the price tag of $45.00. I loved the rustic appeal of the knot but I could not justify paying that much for a door stop. A couple weeks had passed when I was roaming the isles of Old Time Pottery. I was looking at their selection of pet toys and all of a sudden I spotted my knot. It was labeled as a dog toy but it looked so similar to the Ballard Designs version and it was only $4.99. I completely forgot about the rest of the store and hurried to check out with my thrifty find. It went perfect in my bedroom but since I don't really need a door stop, I decided to hang it from the door knob. It definitely complements the "Rustic Chic" theme that I am going for as I make-over my room.

2 comments:

  1. Love love looove this creation! I've looked at that same piece from Ballard forever now and I'm with you...$45 for rope!?! What a great find, girly!! I am loving your blog and cannot wait to see what else you have in store! ;)
    Have a wonderful week!
    ~Terrell @ Frou Frou Decor~

    ReplyDelete
  2. When my PB catalog came out and I saw that knot stop I had to have it. I am still trying to find a way to DIY it. Love that you found an alternate at my next favorite store - Old Time Pottery!

    <3

    ReplyDelete