Monday, January 9, 2012

Rustic Glam Winter Wedding

Yes, I have most definitely been MIA from the blog world lately. Between the holiday season and finishing up my wedding planning certification, there hasn't been much time to spare. I have a lot of exciting projects in the works, some wedding and some interior design, and I promise I will share pictures of everything. Today, I have pictures from my December 17th wedding. I couldn't be happier with the way it all turned out and the amazing pictures thanks to Jennifer Oetting Dooley

This is one my absolute favorite pictures! The bride and the photograph are just stunning.
The whole wedding party
The reception took place in a barn. We used rustic elements mixed with mercury glass and crystal for a modern elegant touch. The cotton was perfect for setting the southern vibe.
The wishing/advice tree I created and draped with crystals.
The wedding cake.
The groom's cake table was baseball themed. Along with the cake, there were bags of fresh boiled peanuts and boxes of cracker jacks.
I created a photo display with an old window to showcase the couple's engagement pictures. The pictures were taken at the beach, where they live.
The flower girls were absolutely precious. I made the sign from wooden hearts, which I burned with "Here Come the Bride" and finished with burlap bows.
This was part of the bar, including the monogrammed tumblers and moss covered trees.
The photo booth got a Christmas themed make-over. These pictures of the guests were hilarious.
These were the moss covered picture frames I made for the bride to give to her mom and mother-in-law.
The tall centerpieces were made from Hydrangeas, Carnations, Snap Dragons, Curly Willow, Hypericum berries, and cotton. The bottom of the vases were filled with green apples and grapevine. Each table also had a smaller vase filled with jingle bells, for some subtle Christmas decor.
As the couple left at the end of the reception, the guests showered them in "snow" confetti, that was distributed in paper cones made from old book pages.
There were bags of individual graham crackers, marshmallows, and chocolates favors for the guests. We thought smores were perfect for the winter rustic theme.
This another one of my favorite shots of the day. Just gorgeous.
Oh, and this one.
I think it is safe to say this crowd had a fabulous time!
 

Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season and is starting the new year off right!

2 comments:

  1. Lauren, this is truly stunning...every. single. little. detail! Of course being Southern, I love the cotton. The simplicity of the wedding cake is elegant. Love it! The flower girls are so cute, too.

    Congratulations on your certification! I am bookmarking this page to show Shanley Belle.

    Did you watch the game last night *dumb question*

    Roll tide!

    xoxoxoox,
    Ricki Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful bride-first pic is amazing!

    ReplyDelete