Friday, June 17, 2011

Ready for Football Season...

I have used natural colored burlap for tons and tons of projects. I have a thing for burlap. But I had never used colored burlap until I made these pillows. I made the Auburn pillow for a bride-to-be who is also an Auburn grad. She is getting married in September and is having a football area for the wedding party to watch the games before the ceremony. Her future husband is an LSU fan so she decided to decorate using a "house divided" theme. She contacted me to make 2 pillows for each team. So, this is just one of the four that I will be making.
When I bought the orange burlap material, I realized that there was a red color that could easily pass for crimson. Being an Alabama fan and alumni, I knew there was no way that I could make an Auburn pillow with out making an Alabama one too. 
For both pillows, I hand painted the team logos and then sewed the burlap to make a cover for the pillow form. Of course, I like one a bit more than the other, but I think they both turned out great. Now, I am just ready for football season!

No comments:

Post a Comment