Thursday, June 2, 2011

Wedding Garters

With the wedding that I am planning for my best friend just short of 2 months away, things are finally starting to come together. Now I am trying to prioritize my list based on which things are needed first. One major thing that I have finished is the design for her invitations. They are now in the printing process so I will post pictures as soon as I get a hard copy. Even though the garters are probably one of the last things that need to be done, I finished them yesterday while we were chatting about the bachelorette party (which I am planning too). We decided to make her first garter from a scalloped lace, trimmed with pearl beading. I added a tiny fuschia bow to tie in her main wedding color. For the throw garter, I used the same initial design but instead of a bow, I added an embroidered Alabama "A" for the University of Alabama. The groom is a UA alumni and a huge fan. While he has spent many tailgates and football games trying to make her a fan as well, I think this makes it official. I can't wait to finish some more wedding projects so that I can share them with you!

1 comment: