This picture shows 1 of the 3 pieces and I probably only used about a third of it for one letter. Next, I used a permanent marker and a yard stick to free hand the letter "D". The letter doesn't have to be perfect because once it is covered with moss, small imperfection won't show.
Then I took a box cutter and cut out the letter on the lines that I drew. The board has a plastic film over it that can be difficult to cut through so I peeled it off before cutting all the way through.
Next, I spray painted the letter with green paint. This step isn't necessary but I figured it would be better to have a little green, rather than blue, showing through if I missed any spots with the moss.
Once the paint dries, you are ready to start glueing. I began glueing large patches of moss on the front side. Then I did the same to the back. Next, I added moss to the outer and inner edges. With the leftover moss, I filled in any holes or places that I had missed. To keep the moss from shedding, I took it outside and sprayed it with aerosol hairspray.
In order to hang the wreath I cut burlap material into a long strip about 6" wide. I used this to make the bow and then I secured the center of the bow with some hot glue. Next, I cut a more narrow strip, ran it through the "D", and glued it together. I attached the bow to the narrow strip with glue and hung the wreath to see my final product.
I was quite satisfied with the finished wreath. I gave to my friend at her bridal shower, where we also used it for decoration. I got a ton of compliments and the bride-to-be loved it. Now I am making two more for another friend's wedding.