Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Thrifty Find: Bird Cages

I really like home decorating accessories that are inspired by nature. Twigs. Sticks. Antlers. Moss. I love it all. Two things that I have been infatuated with for a while are bird cages and bird nests. The actual birds, not so much. I mean they are beautiful to watch but they just don't do it for me. I'm not sure exactly what my attraction is to such items used for decor. I think it is the combination of the chic appeal of a dainty bird cage with the rustic feel of a nest. I had been eyeing some of the cages in Pottery Barn but I wasn't quite ready to make the splurge, since I really had no idea where I was going to put them.
Pottery Barn (price unknown)
Pottery Barn $149 for set of 2
Pottery Barn $149- $229

I was browsing through the home and garden section at Ross and happened upon two bird cages. It was instant bliss. And the smaller one was $6.99 and the larger one was $9.99. I still had no idea what I would do with them but for that price I knew I would figure it out. For now they are displayed on a vintage suitcase, but in time I will find the perfect spot.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Lauren,
    This is my first visit and I have enjoyed scrolling through your posts! I love the way you have found substitutes for PB and Ballard things, and I thought the "dog toy" solution was so clever! I am a new follower, and I look forward to seeing more! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I have enjoyed reading your blog and
    have chosen you to receive The versatile Blogger award. The instructions are on my blog. Please let me know if you accept! Thanks!

    Melanie
    www.youmadethat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Score! I like the sweet birdcages. We can all use your tips during this economy! Your blog is very informative. I am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are inspirational photos, and your finds are charming!

    ReplyDelete